Friday, March 5, 2010

About Face eyeshadows

I FINALLY got it! My first About Face order came today!! I was soooo excited! I almost thought it wasn't coming because the post office hadn't updated the tracking. But I was thinking, "it's been two days since it was shipped out, it's gotta be here today." And then I checked again in the afternoon and it said it arrived at the Springfield post office at like 5:08 this morning. So I was happy to see that! And my other order should be here tomorrow since it was shipped out yesterday. I can't wait! I definitely can't wait to get my February 10th order which hasn't been shipped out yet, unless she added it to the other order that got sent out yesterday. I can't wait to get that one, it has 5 eyeshadows and a couple of them are really cool colors that I can't wait to see in person! But about this order that I got today, I ordered Ever So Dreamy, Etherial Winds and Empty Promise. I was trying to decide between Etherial Winds and another color called Moonlight Whimsy (which I did order, that's coming in the order from February 10th). I wish I would've ordered Moonlight Whimsy instead of Etherial Winds, well at least with the first order, because I ended up seeing a picture of it on the message board and it is BEAUTIFUL!! But at least I know it's still coming. I love the eyeshadows I got today though. Well Empty Promise isn't the color purple I thought it would be. I was wanting a dark plum/purple color, I had a sample color from Bare Escentuals called Sugar Plum which is a dark plum color and really pretty. I was wanting something like that to wear in the crease with some colors and sometimes wear as an all over color. I thought maybe Empty Promise would be like that but it actually isn't. In the picture it kinda looked like a darker, plummy colored purple. But oh well. It's more of a vibrant purple and not dark and plummy looking like the color I wanted. I might be able to do something with it though. It is a cool color but I don't know if it's something that would look good on me. I guess I'll just have to try it and see. I'll try it as a crease color and see how it looks. But the colors are GORGEOUS!! I swatched them on my hand and they're so pretty and shimmery! My favorite of the three is Ever So Dreamy, very pretty! I can't wait to wear it tomorrow and see what it looks like! But here are the pictures of the colors:
 
 From left to right is Empty Promise, Ever So Dreamy and Etherial Winds.

Here's another look at them.

 Ever So Dreamy.
Ever So Dreamy is described as: silvery mauve shimmer.
 Etherial Winds.
Etherial Winds is described as: nudest rosy pink pearl.
 
Empty Promise.
Empty Promise is described as: rich metallic purple.

Empty Promise looks darker in the picture on the website than that. That's why I got it and thought it would be more of that plummy, dark purple color. But who knows, I might end up liking it a lot. I just think it might be too vibrant for me to wear all over the lid, but I'll definitely try it in the crease. I'll post pics of me wearing these eyeshadows. And maybe even some of the other ones that I already have, from the other make up companies.
Ok, so I wanna talk about another mineral make up place I found. I found it on www.etsy.com, it's a site that people use to sell their homemade stuff. Well I found this one make up place called Hi-Fi Cosmetics that has some pretty cool eyeshadows. She had this thing where you can get 20 eyeshadow samples for $14.99, kinda expensive maybe but not too bad for 20. I ordered some of those today and am looking forward to getting them. I seriously need to quit buying eyeshadows now because I will have so many once I get the ones from About Face, the samples I'm getting from The All Natural Face, the ones I just ordered from Hi-Fi and the ones I already have from Taylor Made and Aromaleigh (although there are a few more I would like to try from Aromaleigh, I might just try the other things I want, like the lip balm, the all over face color and maybe something else, I forget what it is. And I know I'll have to order some more of those 5 gram jars with sifter! lol Oh well. But yeah, that's my exciting story for the day. I couldn't wait to get home and get my eyeshadows! Now I can't wait to get my other order tomorrow (hopefully)! I got The Mirror Loves Me and Stay in Faith from Hope Quest and Snow Capped from her regular pigments (I bought that to do as a highlighting color). And I definitely can't wait to get my order from the 10th! It has some cool colors in it! It has three of her Astrology collection colors, Witty With the Wishes, One Mystical Journey and That's Love Baby, and then Moonlight Whimsy from the regular pigments, Glossed Over from the Go Glam or Go Home collection and Shards of Glass from the Diamond Powder collection. That one I'm excited to see and try because it's super sparkly! The sparkly the better for me!! Anyway, I'll update again tomorrow if I get my other order, which I don't see why not since it'll be two days since it got shipped out. Well, have a good night and see you tomorrow! :)

3 comments:

  1. Well it looks like I won't be getting my other order today. :( It says it just left Elk Grove Village, IL last night. Which is weird because the order I have now was sent out Wednesday and left Chicago that night and got here yesterday. And this one just left last night when it was sent out Thursday. Weird. And weird that it was shipped from a different city too. I wonder why? But I'm kinda sad it won't be here today. I guess I have to wait til Monday.

    ReplyDelete